RNS Mobile Disco - Rock First Dance Songs
People that know me personally, know how much I love my rock. I thankfully grew up listening to some great music that was pretty much forced on me by my mum. Of course I had my own favourite bands that were coming through as I was growing up, but my word isn't the old music special? I will forever wish to have been born in an era where the likes of Metallica and Guns N Roses were releasing their absolute classics. As I write this blog I'm actually listening/watching/screaming along to the Metallica Live At Manchester 2019, where I was lucky enough to be in the crowd.
I've thrown together some songs with the help of some fellow rock fans, that you could have as your first dance songs. If they're a bit fast paced, get the acoustic versions as it is the lyrics that matter!
Let's have a look what we have come up with..
1) Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) - Green Day
My very own first dance song, we had this acoustically played live by the very talented Alice Kat (@AliceeKat on Instagram)
2) Everlong - Foo Fighters
This song is one of my favourites ever, the acoustic version is beautiful.
3) Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
My mums forever song, my original first choice. This little ballad is a huge hit, especially for first dance songs. Give it a listen but get your tissues ready.
4) Through Glass - Stone Sour
You'll never believe me if you don't know who Stone Sour are, but the lead singer is actually Corey from Slipknot. Another slow classic rock ballad.
5) The Only Exception - Paramore
The absolute classic that is TOE, I love saying TOE and waiting for people to click. I'm a huge Paramore fan, I've seen them more times than I can actually remember and have their tattoos! Who wouldn't want Hayley Williams vocals at their wedding? We had this playing whilst we signed our lives away. I've linked the live version from Reading 2014, the sound system cut off so they improvised, this was my favourite memory from the festival!
6) Faith - Limp Bizkit
Yes, they really did cover it..
7) Brown Eyed Girl - Vance Morrison
A golden oldie, do I really need to say more?
8) God Only Knows - Avenged Sevenfold
Another little cover, perfect for your rocker wedding.
9) November Rain - Guns N Roses
Now, this is a lovely guitar track so you will have to cut it down and get an acoustic version. I have been looking at videos of those who have actually had this as their first dance song and I'm surprised it works so well.
10) No One Does It Better - You Me At Six
Ah, the boys. You Me At Six write so many love songs, you just have to listen to their lyrics. This is the first of a few of their songs I've chosen for this list.
11) No Matter What - Papa Roach
12) Take On The World - You Me At Six
13) Far Away - Nickelback
14) No One Knows - Queens Of The Stone Age
15) Love Will Keep Us Alive - Eagles
16) Thank You For Loving Me - Bon Jovi
17) Hard To Concentrate - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
18) Use Somebody - Kings Of Leon
19) Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
20) When Your Heart Stops Beating - +44
21) All The Small Things - Blink 182
22) Rock & Roll Queen - The Subways
23) Crash - You Me At Six
24) You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
25) Still Into You - Paramore
Now realistically this list could go on forever and there's loads I wanted to add on, but just couldn't find the space for. If you can think of any more, please let us know via our email which is email@example.com and if we get enough recommendations we will do a 26-50 list based on your favourite songs.
I've put these into a playlist on Spotify too, so you can listen to them all. Remember, if they're too fast get the acoustic version, it's the lyrics that matter.
Thank you, as ever, for reading this small little blog, we hope it helps some couples come up with some ideas.